Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.”
Mary Anne Radmacher
Whereever you are, whatever your circumstances never give up trying.
FACTS FROM A 2011 AMNESTY REPORT ON VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN IN THE PACIFIC
****PAPUA NEW GUINEA ****
While statistics are severely lackimg, the country has been found to have one of the highest rates of domestic violence on the Pacific.
– 70% of women experience domestic violence as a national average.
– 67% of wives have been beaten by their husbands
– 60% of men interviewed in a survey repprted participating in “lainap” (gang rape) at least once.
– 55% of women had been forced into sex aainst their will.
– Women are six times more likely to be accused of Sorcery than men.
I write to rage, to rant, to rave. I write to mourn, to wallow in self pity. I write to question, but most of all I write to mend.